Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tip of the day: Start a food diary.

Keeping track of your food, beverages and exercise can be a wonderful partner in helping you reach your goals. By keeping track of these 3 things you will be able to see where you succeed and where you need to change your habits. Doing this can help you stay motivated and on track.
While many " diet professionals" say DO NOT weigh yourself everyday, I encourage it. ( Do it at the same time everyday because your weight fluctuates through out the day.) This, along with a journal of your eating habits, will let you know when something is working or going terribly astray!
Always reward yourself when you have had a good week. Do not reward yourself with food. I give myself a goal for the week or the month and if I reach it I reward myself with a new perfume, or a haircut, a pedicure, a new book, anything that feels like a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment