Saturday, January 30, 2010

Easy beachy hair

As I have complained about before, my hair is really curly and really frizzy. For some reason though, it always looks great at the beach! I found a recipe to make a spray that will duplicate that look that you can make easily at home.
You'll need 2 teaspoons of sea salt, 1 cup of water, a few squirts of water based hair gel ( the amount of gel is optional depending on how much you like or how much your hair needs) I have also heard of people adding a few drops of a great smelling hair oil. I did not add that, but it seems like a good idea.
Put in a plastic squirt bottle, shake to dissolve sea salt and spray on hair. Hair that is dry and not freshly washed works best. Twist hair into spirals or do pin curls in large sections and secure with clips. Add a light coat of hair spray and let dry. Run your fingers through your hair to style and that's it!
I love this because I am sick of blow drying and straightening my hair. Not only is it time consuming, it is also damaging.
Bring on SUMMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment