Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I love Starbucks, but OMG!

I do love Starbucks, but the calories in the foods and drinks are incredible! For some reason, Starbucks seemed healthy to me. The freshness of the products, the way they are displayed, the whole ambiance of the place makes me feel cozy, warm, healthy, organic......but please! Don't read any further if you don't want to know.

Carmel Signature Hot Chocolate (venti) 720 calories, 32 grams of fat, 85 grams of sugar

NONFAT White Chocolate Mocha (grande) 420 calories, 13 grams of fat, 60 grams of sugar

Iced Caffe Mocha (grande, 2% milk, NO WHIP) 200 calories, 6 grams of fat, 26 sugars

Nonfat Hazelnut Hot Chocolate (tall, no whip) 350 calories, 9 grams of fat, 57 sugars

Now pair it with a Banana Nut Bread, Blueberry Scone or Maple Nut Scone and add another 500 calories, approximately 20 grams of fat, and approx. 40 grams of sugar.

That's why I say, OMG! I see many people grabbing the large size drinks, with extra this and more of that and some sort of bread or muffin or scone to go with it! Maybe I am watching and commenting negatively because I am jealous of the people eating them......or maybe I want to wear a bikini this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment