Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Recipe: Love Hash Browns? Hate Carbs? Try This!

Low Carb, Low Fat, Low Calorie! Cauliflower Hash Browns!

I love hash browns but would never eat them because of the high carbs from the potatoes so I came up with this recipe. It is so good!

1 cauliflower head
2 eggs
1/4 stick of butter ( I use a butter substitute, "I can't believe it's not butter" spray
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
1/4 bell pepper finely chopped
1/4 cup of milk
garlic, crushed peppers, salt and pepper to taste

Boil cauliflower until tender then let cool
When cooled mash in a large mixing bowl with all other ingredients
( mash like you would mashed potatoes)

Heat a frying pan with a light coat of olive oil
Add mixture to pan and fry until golden brown

Great substitute for hash browns, even my husband liked them.


No comments:

Post a Comment