Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Trying to stay thin when you enjoy the cocktail hour



Trying to stay thin when you enjoy the
cocktail hour is not easy.
This is a way I have battled the bulge.

I have tried Jenny Craig, Lindora, and all of the others. At 5-9" and 145 lbs. the only thing that keeps my weight down is a "modified" Atkins. By modified I mean I don't do completely with out carbs. I eat high protein, low fat, a lot of low carb vegi's and at least one serving of fruit. I will skip the breads, pasta, rice and starchy vegi's if my weight is up.
It is important to weigh yourself everyday to keep a handle on your weight. You can not gain too much by doing this. You will keep in control.
As for the cocktail hour, I do drink nearly every evening. Don't drink fruit drinks, mixed drinks or anything that is not clear. Too much sugar, too many carbs. Stick to wine, lite beer and the vodkas and tequila's. A great drink is a vodka on the rocks with an olive or a twist! Not too many though, they still are high in calories!
Try this, it's healthy an d it works. There are many carb food counters on the Internet as well as books such as ATKINS.

No comments:

Post a Comment